Saturday 15 January 2011

Bridal Jewellery - Necklace Work in Progress

I've finally started making my first piece of bridal jewellery. I'm making a necklace which will either be a choker or a collar length. I'm using my usual square weave with glass pearls, clear AB crystals with white nylon thread. Here is a photo-story of my work in progress:

This is my workspace ready for action. I know it won't look this tidy for very long

Beads that arrived today. Glass pearls in 3, 4, 6 and 8mm and 4 and 5mm crystals

This is my mock up before the pearls arrived. I hope the real thing looks better?!

My note book trying to work out how it will work and how many beads I need- which I nearly always manage to get wrong

First row of beads completed

7 rows done and I'm very happy with how it's turned out so far

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished item. It is looking gorgeous already.

    ReplyDelete